Monday, April 16, 2007

Monday Roundup...

... of interesting book news.

Yann Martel, author of the Booker-winning Life of Pi has set up a new website as he tries to entice our Prime Minister to read great books. I can't wait to see if Harper responds and how. Check it out here.

The Guardian has a great weekly feature, giving us a photographic glimpse into some writers' rooms. God, I'm glad some of them have as messy a desk as myself. This week it's Claire Tomalin. You can see the whole series here.

Michael Dirda, one of my favourite literary journalists (he uncannily has my identical reading taste) and author of several great books about reading, has a weekly online chat at the Washington Post website. Last week, he did a special tribute to Kurt Vonnegut. You can read the full transcript here.

The Independent has an interesting piece on why certain books don't get made into movies. And maybe that's a good thing. Read it here.

No comments: