Thursday, July 31, 2008

Graphic Novels - where to start?



There are so many graphic novels available and like any other literary form, some are excellent but many are fairly silly or just plain boring. Am I the only person who has actually fallen asleep while reading a graphic novel? I'm obviously reading the wrong ones. But the Guardian has come to my rescue with a list of Top 10 Graphic Novels, picked by Danny Fingeroth, an author and editor at Marvel Comics and chosen for pure reading enjoyment. Out of the list, I've only read Maus and Persepolis, which were both great, and so I look forward to working my way through the rest of the list.

And I'm probably going to be shunned from any office watercooler talk if I don't read Alan Moore's Watchmen soon. The trailers for the spring 09 movie are already showing in theatres - it's going to be huge!

No comments: