Saturday, September 12, 2009

What's wrong with this Picture?. . .

Well Colin Firth was a no-show. No reason was given, but if I were to hazard a guess, I'd think perhaps it's because he actually saw his movie. Oh dear, oh dear. Let me just put it this way. If you haven't read the book and you like horror movies, you might enjoy this. If you have read and loved the book and aren't too keen on blood and maggots, then you might want to give Dorian Gray a pass and perhaps rent director Oliver Parker's other Wilde movies - The Importance of Being Earnest and An Ideal Husband, both of which are fine adaptations.

The highlight of the night occured while I was in the long line-up snaking along the side of Roy Thompson Hall. We caught a fleeting glimpse of George Clooney coming out the back entrance after his movie screening.

The rest of this weekend is devoted to independent films from Britain, Germany, Denmark, New Zealand and France, which is fine with me. I think I've had enough of Hollywood for the moment.

No comments: