Five amazing novels are on the 2018 shortlist for one of the top honours in Canadian literature- the Scotiabank Giller Prize.
- French Exit by Patrick deWitt, published by House of Anansi Press
- Songs for the Cold of Heart by Eric Dupont, translated by Peter McCambridge, published by QC Fiction, an imprint of Baraka Books
- Washington Black by Esi Edugyan, published by HarperCollins Canada
- Motherhood by Sheila Heti, published by Knopf Canada
- An Ocean of Minutes by Thea Lim, published by Viking Canada
The winner will be revealed on Monday November 19th at a gala event hosted by the award winning comedian Rick Mercer which will be aired on CBC at 8 p.m. ET (11:30 AT / Midnight NT), CBC Radio One at 8 p.m. ET (9:00 AT/ 9:30 NT) and will be livestreamed at CBCBooks.ca at 8 p.m. ET.
To celebrate this exciting event, we are going to be giving one lucky librarian a complete set of the books on this year's shortlist so you can skip the holds queue and get reading some of the best books of the year.
Open to librarians in Canada. If you are interested in entering, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with the subject 'Dewey Diva Giller Contest' and provide your full name along with your library or school mailing address. I will draw the winner on Monday November 26th, 9 a.m. EST.