Saturday, April 12, 2008

Deweys go west. . .

We'll be on the road for the next couple of weeks and then caught up in fall sales conferences, so blogging may be a bit light (although we always seem to have adventures on the road that we JUST have to tell someone about, so who knows?) Next week we'll be in B.C. - doing presentations for librarians in Maple Ridge on April 15th, and in Vancouver on April 16th. We'll also be at our respective booths at the British Columbia Library Association Conference starting April 17th, so do stop by and say hello. We're always keen to hear your book recommendations too!
The following week we'll be in Alberta talking to librarians in Calgary (April 21st) then Edmonton (April 22nd) and we'll be at the Alberta Library Conference in Jasper. If you can't make it to our two sessions, then hopefully we'll see you at our booths.

It's a bit of a gruelling schedule but I know I speak for my fellow Deweys when I say that our biggest challenge is always getting the bags checked in without a big, orange OVERWEIGHT sticker being slapped on them. You'd be surprised how many galleys and manuscripts we can cram into the average suitcase - don't worry, we promise to be fully clothed too at all times.

I was recently browsing a bookstore and this travel book caught my eye; I just had to buy it.

Yeah, right.

No comments: