Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The BIG news of the day. . .

Yes, I know the Giller shortlist was announced this morning. If you haven't yet heard, you can read the names of the finalists here.

And the Booker Prize will be annouced in a few hours and I fully expect A.S. Byatt or J.M. Coetzee to walk away with the prize.

And we can look forward to the Nobel Prize being announced on Thursday.

BUT today I learned that there's a new Jonathan Coe novel coming out in 2010!!!! And that my friends, trumps them all! Thanks to the Literary Saloon for the news. The title is The Terrible Privacy of Maxwell Sim and that's all I know for now.

I'm doing my happy dance. For those who wonder what all the fuss is about, just read him okay? The Rain Before it Falls, The Rotters' Club, The Closed Circle, The House of Sleep or The Winshaw Legacy.

No comments: