Friday, March 20, 2015

Jeff Kinney is starting his own bookstore!

Jeff Kinney, #1 New York Times best-selling author of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series, is opening up an independent bookstore in Massachusetts!

Why? Here's what he has to say: "Bookstores have always been such a big part of my life and my wife’s life, and we wanted to do something about it. We wanted to provide our kids and our community with a place where they could be exposed to new ideas, cultural events, and other people who love to read. This is not a vanity project. I think a lot of people are expecting me to create a Wimpy world, but we don’t want that. That wouldn’t serve the community very well. The reason that we wanted to create a bookstore in our town of Plainville is because, quite frankly, I feel angry that so many bookstores have gone away."

Read the full story over on The Telegraph!

No comments: