Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Great reading online

I know I should probably be blogging about the last two days at Book Expo but I'm completely talked out. It was a busy bookfair and great to see so many librarians and library students enjoying themselves. To be honest, however, all I want to do now is flake out on my comfy sofa with a good book or pop an interesting film into my DVD player. To that effect, I steer you in the direction of BookForum which has its latest edition posted online here. The theme is Fiction into Film and there are some great articles to read, including one where several writers recommend the best film adaptions of novels. Look also for an interesting interview with Andrew O'Hagan, author of Be Near Me, and a review of the posthumously published Travels with Herodotus by Ryszard Kapuscinski. Margaret Atwood also just wrote about this book and her friendship with Kapuscinski here. This is a book I very much hope to read over the summer.

No comments: