Thursday, July 23, 2009

Oh, be still my bleeping heart. . .

Do you like being read to? How about by a good-looking British actor who not only has a dreamy accent but looks right at you through the computer screen as he seductively savours every syllable? Penguin UK has teamed up with Carte Noire, a coffee company that seems to be owned by Kraft. This ain't no cheez whiz though. Check it out here.

I highly recommend the reading by Greg Wise of Les Deux Amants - you can get a taste of what Emma Thompson gets to come home to every night. Sigh. Or Dominic West reading Katherine Mansfield's short story Something Childish But Very Natural. Or Dan Stevens reading from one of my favourite books, Jonathan Coe's The Rotters' Club!

And now if you'll excuse me, I have to go swoon somewhere.

No comments: