Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A Tasty Book (well, at least for me). . .



I may not drink a lot of beer, but I grew up with Marmite (the yeast extract left after the brewing is done) and while I totally agree it's an acquired taste, I absolutely love the stuff! Spread on toast or on unsalted crackers with a bit of cold butter - it's total comfort food for me. And it's chock-full of vitamins! So I'm delighted there's a new book out: The Mish-Mash Dictionary of Marmite by Maggie Hall, full of fun facts and trivia about this delicious spread. You can read a funny account of an intrepid Washington Post reporter going to the booklaunch here. Hall even has a blog devoted entirely to Marmite!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maylin, I have to thank you for pointing out that Marmite fans now have a book to feast on. I hope they all enjoy dipping into The Mish-Mash Dictionary: an ancedotal A-Z of 'Tar-in-a-Jar' as much as they do the stuff itself. Even those - and we know there's a lot of them - who hate Marmite should take note of the secondary title. As it indicates, there's quite a bit of information to support their stance!

BTW: You have what sounds like a totally great job!

Maggie Hall