Monday, July 12, 2010

Neil Young's Greendale Gets the Graphic Treatment. . .


Neil Young will be out on the road touring Canada and the U.S. this summer and DC Comics has just released Neil Young's Greendale, a graphic novel based on Young's album of the same name. It's written by Joshua Dysart with illustrations by Cliff Chiang and is a political coming-of-age story set in 2003. I think this would also very much appeal to teenagers 14 and up (content issues: a bit of sex and some swearing). I have a couple of galleys to spare, so if you are a Neil Young fan, send me an e-mail at mscott@randomhouse.com with "Greendale" in the subject line, and I'll pull three lucky names out of all the entries. This is open to Canadian residents only and I'll take e-mails until noon EST, on Friday, July 16th.

UPDATED: This contest is now closed and the winners have been notified. Thanks to everyone for entering.

No comments: